1. Learn more about Francis Bellamy, the man who wrote the pledge at Smithsonian magazine.
2. Explore the questions about the pledge posed by the Constitutional Rights Foundation.
3. Consider “The History of Legal Challenges to the Pledge of Allegiance” at the Constitution Center.
4. Consider how you felt about the issue before reading this article. After reading the pros and cons on this topic, has your thinking changed? If so, how? List two to three ways. If your thoughts have not changed, list two to three ways your better understanding of the “other side of the issue” now helps you better argue your position.
5. Push for the position and policies you support by writing US national senators and representatives.