- Director and Senior Fellow at the Claremont Institute
- Pro to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“The reference to divinity in the revised pledge of allegiance, for example, may merely recognize the historical fact that our nation was believed to have been founded ‘under God.'”
Claremont Institute website, Dec. 1, 1996
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JD's, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to government and constitutional law. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to government and constitutional law.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director and Senior Fellow, Claremont Institute
- Professor, Politics, University of Dallas, 1974-present
- Bagehot Council’s Paolucci Book Award, 2000
- Salvatori Visiting Scholar, Claremont McKenna College, 1990-1992
- Bradley Resident Scholar, Heritage Foundation, 1988-1989
- PhD, Claremont Graduate University, 1974
- BA, Cornell, 1967
- None found
- Quoted in: