- Founder, Editor, and Chief Executive Officer of WorldNetDaily.com
- Pro to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“My reaction to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling on the Pledge of Allegiance [that ‘under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance violates the Establishment Clause] is a little different than most of those you will read or hear elsewhere.
Is it a correct ruling? No.
Is it a ruling that has anything to do with the Constitution? No.
Is it unexpected? Not by me. To me, it was just a matter of time.
…You see, there are people in America – some of them in positions of significant power – who want to remake America in their own image.
The trouble is, America is the first country in the world to be created in the image of a godly nation. The founding fathers studied the Bible to see what it revealed about the way men should govern themselves. There was never a thought in their minds about creating a country divorced from God.
Over the years, extreme secularists, materialists, socialists and others have chipped away at the American creed… These activists have brought government into every aspect of our lives – despite specific constitutional prohibitions against overreaching federal power. Now, the architects of that unconstitutional way of life tell us we must conform to their ungodly standards…
Every American outraged by this ruling should not even raise a whimper of protest… Instead, they should remove their children from these ungodly, hostile government schools. They should do it now. They shouldn’t wait until the situation gets any worse…
I say let the atheists have the government schools. Let the homosexuals have them. Let the socialists have them. Let them fight out the curriculum issues with the Muslims. Jews and Christians should get out now.”
“The Pledge Ruling,” WorldNetDaily.com, June 27, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder, Editor, and Chief Executive Officer, WorldNetDaily.com, May 1997-present
- Columnist, WorldNetDaily.com
- Columnist, Creators Syndicate
- Founder and co-Publisher, WND Books
- Author and Associate, Ariel Center for Policy Research (ACPR)
- Recipient, Washington Times Foundation National Service Award, 1996
- Former Editor-In-Chief, Sacramento Union
- Former News Editor, Los Angeles Herald Examiner
- Former writer for Wall Street Journal, Jerusalem Post, National Review, TV Guide, Reason, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, San Francisco Chronicle, Chicago Sun-Times
- BA, Communication Arts, William Paterson University, 1977
- Born in Paterson, NJ on July 6, 1954
- Quoted in: