- U.S. Senator (R-AZ)
- Pro to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“It would be fully appropriate for us to suggest to the court, not to suggest, to tell the court, the federal courts, that they cannot take the words ‘under God’ out of the Pledge of Allegiance.”
Speech at “Protect the Pledge” Press Conference, June 14, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JD's, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to government and constitutional law. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to government and constitutional law.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- U.S. Senator (R-AZ), 1994-present
- Dr. Nathan Davis Award, American Medical Association, 2006
- Manufacturing Legislative Excellence, National Association of Manufacturers, 2006
- Statesman Award, Committee on the Present Danger, 2006
- Best & Brightest, American Conservative Union, 2005
- National Parks Achievement Award, National Parks Conservation Association, 2005
- Honorary Doctorate, Northern Arizona University, 2003
- Guardian of the Treasury, Taxpayers for Common Sense, 2003
- Republican Representative, United States House of Representatives, 1986-1994
- Attorney, Jennings, Strouss and Salmon, 1966-1986
- Chair, Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, 1984-1985
- Founder, Arizona Crime Victim Foundation, Arizona State Bar, 1983
- Phi Beta Kappa
- LLB, University of Arizona, 1966
- BA, Political Science, University of Arizona, 1964
- Introduced the Pledge Protection Act in the Senate.