- Former Professor of Economics at Anne Arundel Community College
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“My position on the Pledge is borrowed from philosopher Mortimer Adler — the three ‘great ideas’ of the American constitutional democratic representative republic are the ideas of ‘equality, liberty and justice for all.’ Adler says that there are six great ideas — ‘equality, liberty and justice for all’ and ‘truth, goodness and beauty to judge by.’ ‘God’ is the seventh great idea. Thus I’m pushing for the addition of ‘Equality’ to the Pledge. As for ‘under God,’ my historical research indicates that our Founding Fathers and Bellamy probably opposed this position.”
Email to ProCon.org, Apr. 29, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Economics, Anne Arundel Community College, Retired
- Former Intelligence Research Analyst, National Security Agency
- Former Traffic Analyst, Milwaukee Railroad
- DA (Doctorate of Arts), Economic Education, Catholic University
- MBA, Marketing, Columbia University
- AB, Social Relations, Harvard University
- None found