- Professor of History at Saint Louis University
- Pro to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“I favor retaining the phrase ‘under God’ [in the US Pledge of Allegiance].“
Email sent to ProCon.org, May 30, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JD's, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to government and constitutional law. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to government and constitutional law.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor, Department of History, College of Arts and Sciences, Saint Louis University
- Columnist, James Hitchcock Column, Women for Faith & Family website
- Senior Editor, Touchstone magazine
- Former President, Fellowship of Catholic Scholars
- PhD, Princeton University, 1965
- MA, Princeton University, 1962
- AB, Saint Louis University, 1960
- None found
- Quoted in: