- Former Vice President of the Christian Society of Socialists
- None Found to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
No position found as of Aug. 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Author, “The Pledge of Allegiance,” 1892
- Editor, The Youth’s Companion
- Vice President, Christian Society of Socialists
- Committee Chairman, National Education Association
- Baptist Minister
- Officially recognized as the author of the Pledge of Allegiance in 1938 by the U.S. Flag Association and the American Flag Committee
- Member, Masonic Lodge No. 181, Little Falls, N.Y.
- University of Rochester
- Free Academy, Rome (New York) 1872
- Born May 18, 1855 in Rome, New York
- Died Aug. 28, 1931
- Quoted in: