- Pro to the question "Should the Words “under God” Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?"
“We believe the 9th Circuit is clearly out of step with the people of this country and the history of its founding. The ruling represents another attempt to secularize a country born out of religious liberty. Time and again the Courts have affirmed our national motto, ‘In God We Trust.’
The Declaration of Independence makes three specific references to God:
* ‘…Nature’s God…’ – 1st paragraph
* ‘…that they are endowed by their Creator…’ – 2nd paragraph
* ‘…with a firm reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence…’ – last paragraph
If the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional, so is the Declaration of Independence.”
FRC website, June 26, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“The Family Research Council (FRC) champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society. FRC shapes public debate and formulate public policy that values human life and upholds the institutions of marriage and the family. Believing that God is the author of life, liberty, and the family, FRC promotes the Judeo-Christian worldview as the basis for a just, free, and stable society.”
FRC website (accessed Aug. 14, 2007)
- Nonprofit educational institution
- Quoted in: